Decree-Law No. 35/2011 of March 8, establishing the Côa-Park Foundation, determines that in time the operation of PAVC/Côa Museum ensures a high level of self-sustainability.
The pricing includes lower values (individual and group) for participants in educational activities with schools or institutions of social support.
The aim is to encourage growth in the number of visitors and atracting new audiences, applying economic values that contribute not only to support the logistics inherent to the activities, but also to promote social responsibility of the Côa-Park Foundation.
Companies or other agents of organized tourism that channel for the Archaeological Park of the Côa Valley (the Museum and the Territory) a regular flow of visitors, are considered strategic partners and are also subject to lower pricing.
Côa Park Foundation, April 24, 2012
To download a pdf version of Ticketing and Prices, CLICK HERE
9h - 13h 30m
Closes from 13h 30m to 14h
14h - 18h
9h - 13h
14h – 18h
Closure days of the Park and Côa Museum:
Mondays; 1 January; 1 May; Christmas day
Contacts and Booking
Field visits are not covered by gratuitous entrance on Sundays and holidays, so all visits are charged, subject to previous booking and necessarily guided.
Visit and activities booking are subject to logístical capability.
Tel: +351 279 768 260
Fax: +351 279 768 270
Visits to the Côa Valley (price per participant)
– Visit to 1 Rock Art Site – 10 € *
– Children between 3 and 16 years old – 2,50 €
– Nocturnal visit, minimum of 4 participants (see note 1) – 17 €
– Visit “On the track of Paleolithic Hunters”, minimum of 4 participants (see note 1) – 15 €
– Pedestrian visit, minimum of 10 participants (see note 1) – 5 €
– Bycicle visit (children under 16 have 50% discount), minimum of 10 participants (see note 1) – 5 €
– All-terrain visit to a Rock Art Site, in the participants own car, minimum of 10 participants and maximum of 25 (see note 1, exceptionally there may be free entrances for children under 12). The price may be increased with extra activities – 5 €
* Because of the costs associated to the vehicles, their exits are subject to the following minimum costs:
– Rock art site of Penascosa - 40 €
– Rock art site of Ribeira de Piscos - 30 €
– Rock art site of Canada do Inferno - 20 €
Visits to the Côa Museum (price per participant)
– Visit to the Côa Museum – 5 €
– Visits on Sundays and holidays from 14h00 to 18h00 – 2,5 €
– Population of the AMVC municipalities on Sundays and holidays from 14h00 to 18h00 (see note 3) – 1 €
– Visit to the Côa Museum outside the normal opening hours – 10 €
– Visit to 1 Rock Art Site + Côa Museum (see note 1) – 12 €
Schools (see note 2)
– Visit to 1 Rock Art Site - 2,50 €
– Visit to the Côa Museum - 1 €
– Visit to the Côa Museum for schools within the municipalities belonging to the Associação de Municípios do Vale do Côa (see note 3) - 0,50 €
- Visit to 1 Rock Art Site + Côa Museum - 3 €
Activities in the Museum and Reception Centres (schools and general public)
– Educational Activities (Experimental Archaeology Workshop, The Little Archaeologist, Pottery, Museum visits adapted to age, others), per participant (minimum of 6 participants) – 1 €
– Thematic presentations for schools and entities with recognized social function, per participant (see note 2) – 0,50 €
– Thematic presentations for groups up to 25 participants, per group – 50 €
– Thematic presentations for groups with more than 25 participants, per participant (companies, travel agencies, citizen groups, etc.) – 2 €
– Thematic presentations, no longer than 30 minutes, for groups with more than 300 participants, per participant (companies, travel agencies, citizen groups, etc.) – 1 €
Other activities outside the Museum and Reception Centres (see note 4)
– Educational Activities (Experimental Archaeology Workshop, The Little Archaeologist, Pottery, others), minimum of 6 participants – 2,50 €
– Educational Activities (Experimental Archaeology Workshop, The Little Archaeologist, Pottery, others), minimum of 6 participants, within the municipalities belonging to the Associação de Municípios do Vale do Côa (see note 3) – 1,50 €
– Thematic presentations of the Côa Valley, per participant – 2,50 €
– Thematic presentations of the Côa Valley, per participant, within the municipalities belonging to the Associação de Municípios do Vale do Côa (see note 3) – 1,50 €
Renting spaces (see note 5)
– Auditorium – 750 € per Day; 370 € per ½ Day
– Aurochs room – 150 € per Day; 75 € per ½ Day
– Reunion room – 150 € per Day; 75 € per ½ Day
– Temporary room 1 – 400 € per Day
– Temporary rooms 2 and 3 – 400 € per Day
– Holders of Youth Card - 50% off (for visits to the Côa Valley and Museum)
– People with age equal or superior to 65 years and Senior Universities - 50% off (for visits to the Côa Valley and Museum)
– Visitors with reduced mobility - 50% off (for visits to the Côa Valley and Museum)
– Group Ticket for a visit to the Museum (if purchased with a minimum of 24 hours in advance; it may be purchased up to one year in advance; no reimbursement is due if the visit is cancelled)
100 to 200 tickets - 5% off
201 to 500 tickets - 10% off
more than 501 tickets - 20% off
Free entrance (in the Côa Museum)
– Children under 10
– Members of APOM/ICOM e ICOMOS, Academia Nacional de Belas-Artes, Academia Portuguesa de História and Academia Internacional da Cultura Portuguesa, Associação dos Amigos dos Monumentos, Amigos dos Castelos (APAC), Associação dos Amigos do Parque e Museu do Côa (Acôa), Associação de Arqueólogos Portugueses (AAP ) and Associação Profissional de Arqueólogos (APA).
– Researchers and other professionals during the course of their duties (art critics, journalists, guides, interpreters and other tourism professionals and their drivers (identification cards are required).
– Employees from the Côa Park Foundation organisms (DGPC, Turismo do Porto e Norte de Portugal, Agência Portuguesa do Ambiente, Município de V. N. Foz Côa e Associação de Municípios do Vale do Côa), with identification (see note 3).
– Guests of the Côa Park Foundation.
Vouchers for visits to the Côa Museum
The Côa Museum has vouchers in packs of 10 units for sale to private operators.
The purchase can be made using the contacts below or directly at the Museum Store.
Tel: +351 279 768 274
The individual voucher for offer may be acquired at the same place
Note 1: No discount or free entrance is applied.
Note 2: Symbolic value.
Note 3: Municipalities of Associação de Municípios do Vale do Côa (AMVC): Almeida, Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, Freixo de Espada à Cinta, Meda, Pinhel, Sabugal, Torre de Moncorvo, Trancoso and Vila Nova de Foz Côa.
Note 4: To the price of the activity are added travel, food and accommodation expenses, by the scale applied in the Civil Service.
Note 5: Includes a 50% reduction in entrance tickets to the Museum for the participants at the event and free entrance for the organization, up to a maximum of 10 tickets, with guided tour. The price to practice for companies and other organizations with whom strategic partnerships are established will be examined case by case, for mutual benefit.